Property Management in Colorado Springs can be easier than you think
Which of these 3 types of homeowners are you?
.01 Accidental Landlords
But you’ve never had tenants or a property manager before.
We work with hundreds of military families, just like you, to manage your property, while accommodating the challenges of your career.
.03 Property Investors
Now you need a property manager that will monitor your investment(s) & make it a stress-free experience.
"My family is very fortunate to have received such excellent service"
The 2 most critical elements of property management
.01 Prompt Communication
This is the backbone of every successful business relationship.
.02 Total Transparency
It is your investment. You should be "in the know" at all times.
To ensure you are promptly responded to, we track everything: phone logs, voicemails, portal communications, emails, etc.
It is truly that important to us.
You see every work order, every invoice, every tenant comment, inspection/ evaluation and more with your 24/7 Owner Portal access.
This way you are informed without being involved.
Meet your new money-saving secret weapon
This is Todd. He’s your new full time Maintenance Coordinator.
- We utilize maintenance protocols, developed by Todd, to determine whether a tenant can troubleshoot an issue before calling in a professional and incurring an unnecessary vendor charge.
- When it comes to maintaining your property or preparing to sell, Todd provides investor insider knowledge and Trade secrets to save you money at every turn and keep you profitable!
- To ensure you are always getting the best deal, Todd constantly screens and negotiates with top trade vendors and contractors.
"Todd at Ashford Realty was amazing"
ULTIMATE EVALUATIONS & ROUTINE INSPECTIONS
Routine evaluations (AKA: inspections) are how we provide that peace of mind. Within the first 4 to 6 months we will complete a scheduled routine evaluation of the home and then every 6 months after.
While paying rent on time is important, the ultimate goal is having a tenant who is not only financially responsible, but takes care of the home as if it is their own.
SUPER HUMAN TENANT SCREENING
From there, up to date screenings are performed on every applicant. This includes running comprehensive credit, criminal background and eviction reports. Rental history is verified by direct communication with former landlords or property managers and we require pay stubs or a formal letter of hire to verify income and employment. Finally, to ensure an applicant has the ability to pay rent on time, we run a debt to income ratio.
At this point, your role as the owner comes in. Unlike most property management companies, after being provided the results of the screening process and our recommendation, we believe you should make the final decision.
AVOID THE #1 COST EXPENSE IN INVESTMENT PROPERTIES - VACANCIES
We have developed a process that dramatically shortens turnaround times between tenants and eliminates vacancies.
This is another area where our procedures, secret weapon (aka: Todd) and marketing team shine and make you more profitable.
"If there ever was a vacancy, they secured a tenant before the last tenant moved out"
— Karen H.
Get everything you need for easy Colorado Springs property management
Superhuman tenant screenings
Power to choose your own tenant
24/7 Communication Portal
Modern Real Estate Marketing Strategies That Minimize Vacancies
Predictable, direct deposits every month
150+ pre-move in pictures of your home
External & Internal Inspections of Your Property Every 6 Months
Our evaluations/ inspections are unsurpassed and are the second most important document to the lease.
Money-saving maintenance protocols
The Ultimate Move In & Move Out inspection
Meticulous record keeping
On-Call Maintenance & Emergency Service: 24 Hours, 7 Days a week, 365 days a year
Done-for-you Year-end Owner Financials & 1099 Preparation
Extensive Vendor Screening & Discounted Rates
Eviction & Possession Policy & Procedures
Collection & Judgment management procedures
Here’s what our clients say about working with us
- “Nicole Lee has provided me outstanding service as a property manager. I have trusted her and Ashford with my rental for over eight years and never been disappointed. I would recommend her services to friends and family without hesitation. If I invest in another rental property in vicinity of Colorado Springs, I will use Nicole to manage it in my absence.”
— CPT Hayward, US Army
- “Ashford Realty is a top notch realty company. They managed our rental house for 2 years and did an excellent job. There always was communication and they returned all our calls immediately. They found us great tenants, we never had an issue during the 2 years. When we decided to sell the home, Melanie handled the sale too. It was hassle-free and so effortless from our side. She kept us both in the loop (I was in TX and my husband was is CO) during every stage of the sale. We couldn’t ask for a better realtor! I would totally recommend them to take care of your rental property or to help sell your home.”
— Stephanie Lape
- “I have been with Ashford for about 10 yrs since 2005 and they have been incredible. The entire staff is kind, responsive, intelligent, hardworking and fastidious. They have taken care of my properties in Colorado Springs, CO, with the utmost professionalism. I called 15 other property management companies in the area and surmised that Ashford was the best. I am thankful to have found them so long ago and am still grateful for their great customer service and expertise. Thank you for being great for over a decade.”
— David T
- “Ashford Realty Group was great! They not only helped me right away with finding a tenant, but they were able to sell my property in a timely and stress free manner. Their staff helped me save money and truly cared about my needs. If I were to get another property, I will use them again to help manage it. Thanks again!”
— Julia Soto
But we’re probably not the right fit if:
- If your idea of routine inspections are 24/7 FBI-style surveillance of your property and tenants. Your tenants deserve to have privacy in their home, even if they’re only renting, and especially if the criminal background performed was clean.
- If you have aspirations of being a Slum Lord. Refusing to invest the money required to maintain the property (items outside the tenants responsibility). Examples include fixing appliances that break down, damages from weather, etc.
- You feel a business relationship includes yelling, dishonesty and disrespect to those trying to help you.
- You tend to put your trust into someone without professional property management experience versus the experienced professional you hired.
- You believe a property manager is your home warranty. We’re great at our job, but we can’t prevent acts of God or circumstances out of our control.